Friday, July 16, 2010

Ophelia! (A Mobile Blog)


I remember when this little one was the length of about ten inches in total! She was her Daddy's holiday present in December 1996. I remember seeing her for the first time at Pet Depot. She was in a pen with two Jack Russell Terriers and she busted through both of them to take a peek at my Mom and I. When I saw her, I knew that she was going to be our little girl. I remember calling Donald, my husband, on the telephone to explain about her. I remember him also saying, "Honey no!" Finally I was able to lure him to see her and he held her for the first time. I could see the tears well up in his eyes and he smiled sheepishly and said, "Damn you." I signed the paperwork and she was quarantined for her vaccinations. Then she came home to us. I remember she was dressed in a little red sweater with a red harness and leash. I was working as a market researcher and when my husband would pick me up she would always come with him. My co-workers loved her. My whole family loved Ophelia from the start. We used to take her for rides in the car and she would come for visits to see my parents, my husband's parents, the park, and so many other places. Ophelia is the only dog I know who is excited to go to the vet. We've moved a few times and even with the change in space, Ophelia has always taken it all in stride. She unconditionally loves most everyone she meets, though the animal world can be debatable at times. Lately she has taken great strides in that area I must say. Her vivacious playful nature was always her biggest deal, but she's calmed down some now. Our little girl is hitting her golden years and at fourteen, we are spoiling her rotten. For those who call dogs "man's best friend" I think you are a bit mistaken in your term. Ophelia, our dog, is a "humanity's best friend." She has been with us as long as we have been married and we love her so dearly!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment