Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cowardly Tweeting

Did you ever get someone who says something nasty on a public forum, but feels the need to use an alias to get their point across? Well that happened with a person on Twitter today! This person felt the need to create an account solely to say something nasty to me. I had something to mention, publicly, about Mel Gibson. This little something was expletive in nature, but captured the person and quotes he made quite accurately. Click here to read the article with the offending, racist quotes that Mr. Gibson so easily conveyed toward a woman that he was seeing. Now this isn't just a tabloid reference, but the honest truth. I would say that Mr. Gibson has been dropped from William Morris for a very good reason, and my expletive pretty much captures his character aptly. Now let's take it a bit further. There was a person, a real coward, who took the time and energy to create a Twitter account in order to insult me with one tweet. Now I've never done this myself, because if I say something off-color or out of line, I'm the one who has to take credit for the mistake.  The comment I made was not hidden from anyone.  Here are the tweets that I am speaking of:

candy156sweet: Mel Gibson is an (expletive)! http://bit.ly/9DBKnt

voiceofreason15: @candy156sweet I guess that means I can call you an (expletive) too! I don't know you, you don't know Mel. Seems fair. Dumb Voyeuristic douche.

I've even provided a reference article to prove the reason for my comment toward Mr. Gibson. Now this tweeter, who doesn't know me in any fashion, called me a voyeur among other terms. Now it would be one thing if I was a stalker or something of that nature, but I simply read one or two articles which had to do with this topic. I read them merely because they were on the homepage of Yahoo.com. Nothing more, nothing less. Now I would direct this toward the person who took the time to write me such a callous tweet on Twitter:

"For a person who is indeed voyeuristic in more of a confrontational and verbally combative way, you don't have your argument well thought out. You have absolutely no concept or are ignorant of what a sexist, racist, bigot means."

I don't need to hide my identity from anyone, because I'm not a cowardly person who hides behind the cloud of the internet. Now Mel Gibson made some wonderful films before people found out what kind of person he really was, but being a good actor is really irrelevant in this issue. Whether his career was good or bad, he still used the bad example of racism and bigotry for the public to read and hear. That's really the bottom line of this issue in it's entirety.  I refuse to apologize for my statement, because it was justified and one-hundred percent true!  If anything, I would rather reinforce how I feel about tweeters like this and public figures like Mr. Gibson!

2 comments:

  1. You can look at comments anywhere...iTunes, Amazon, FB pages (check out Jennifer Knapp's) and see that some people's sole purpose is to hate and create drama. I think it's because they are projecting outwardly to deflect from feeling it inwardly....they are bored haters....and spreading hate and drama makes them feel less irrelevant in this world. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame when people make senseless, horrible statements that promote hate and prejudice. When people read statements, like those made toward Jennifer Knapp, they get the idea that projecting those type of comments is acceptable. You can obviously see that they make those comments out of the fear they have of the unknown and the lesser opinions that they have of themselves as human beings.

    ReplyDelete