Thursday, September 16, 2010

In the Stacks

I'm sitting in the library enjoying the comfort of my little cubical in the corner of the stacks with my books stacked next to my mini-notebook and my bags tucked neatly on the right of my desk.  I've had a very long, but rewarding day of classwork.  I've learned about protons, neutrons, and one celled organisms, complex algebraic expressions, and the exploits of Shakespeare's King John.  Right now I am waiting for my husband to pick me up, because I am finished with most of my work for today.  I'm not in a rush, because I love the library.  I love the smell of old books, because it comforts me.  It makes me grateful that I have the privilege of reading so many different types of books from authors like Tolstoy and Austen, not to mention the fact that I have access to so many different sources of information and periodicals.  It makes me smile.  That's why I am grinning in this photograph!  I love the library!  I wish other people would learn to love it too.  I remember when my Mother first brought me to the library.  I picked out Madeleine as my first book and my second book was Arrow to the Sun.  I fell in love with books.  I used to love the bookmobile too!  Did you ever have the bookmobile come to your school?  You would choose the books you would want and you were able to buy them.  I loved it!  It was my favorite time of year as a kid.  I guess I was a real nerd.  Now it's Barnes and Noble, Borders, the College and Public Libraries that do it for me now.  In fact, I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but maybe library work is in my future.  Who knows?  I'm fickle sometimes.  Well, I have to get my stuff together, because I have to meet the hubby.  Take care....  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment