Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catching Up (A Journal Entry)

I figured I would write a blog post about myself.  I haven't really written a journal post in a while.  It's the 15th Wedding Anniversary for Donald and me!  I can't believe it!  time has passed by so quickly that it's unbelievable.  I love him so much and I love him more and more every day.  Well, I have my chance for the college radio station finally.  I go for the orientation tomorrow.  It's very exciting.  I've always loved music and wanted to have some part in it.  Being a musician wasn't really my forte, and I wasn't really keen on working as a journalist for the school paper.  I love to write, but I have my issues about working in parameters.  Besides, I would only want to be a music journalist anyway.  One of the former writers for the paper is someone that runs in my circles, but I really don't talk to her.  Friends of mine do though.  She usually goes to concerts that I attend for Richard Marx or Vertical Horizon.  She is a Vertical Horizon junkie in fact.  She writes for an internet magazine that has to do with music.  All I know is that she pushed me out of the way to get her Burning the Days disc signed when I was in Philadelphia, which I didn't really appreciate.  My husband witnessed it, and he kinda rolled his eyes.  That is a whole other story!  I digress, because the school paper just doesn't work for me.  I think the novelty of playing all different kinds of music on a radio show gives me a chance to have more fun.  We'll see how everything goes, because I'm really eager to try out.

I had a great day of classes.  I passed with very good grades on my biology exams.  I was pleased that all of my study efforts paid off.  Basically, I spent the last couple days studying for this test.  I usually read the chapters and go over my notes lightly throughout the week, and save the harder studying for the last two days.  It really solidifies the material for me.  Algebra worked out for me as well.  I was finally able to work out some equations that were giving me some trouble and now I think I've got the hang of it.  Math is not my favorite subject in the world to say the least!  I would rather take an extra English class.  Since it's a required course, I will tolerate it and swallow the horribleness until the end of the semester.  I have a paper to write on King John, and I am still rolling around ideas in my head.  I'm going to write the thesis this weekend.  I love my professor for this course.  She's really great!  I love anything to do with English royal literature or drama, so this really scratches me right where I itch.  I think one of the best things that happened to me today though was my grant!  I got a sizeable grant that will pay for most of my education!  You have no idea how happy this makes me.  This pretty much made my month and maybe the rest of my year.  Now, I'm just waiting for October 1st!  That's when I go to see the Duo show in Englewood, New Jersey.  This is a Richard Marx/Matt Scannell show.  I'm meeting many friends for dinner before the show.  It's going to rock!  That's all I have for today.  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment