Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Took Flight! (A Mobile Blog)

I have taken two days with my sister to enjoy the beginning of the Summer months. I decided to take a chance and go parasailing. I have mentioned previously that I wasn't too outdoorsy, but I've also suffered with a fear of heights. My sister had mentioned signing up for parasailing in the past and, when she asked if I wanted to go, I finally said, "Yes." So I sprayed on the sunscreen, swallowed down my fear, and headed down to Gardener's Basin. Truthfully, I was nervous about the way they harnessed you to the chute rig. I never realized that the boat ride was the frightening part. It was rough, and I was grabbing onto the railing for dear life. When they hooked me up with the life vest and rigging gear, I sat on the landing on rear end of the boat. The engine started and when the speed was high enough, I began to rise up in the air. I was a little shaky at first, but that quickly became exhilaration.

The view from above is breathtaking! When you've reached a certain height, you can see the whole Atlantic City coastline! The view of the ocean was like a vision of eternity. It was so peaceful and beautiful, but I couldn't look directly down. I would get a little vertigo. When they start to reel you down, they let you splash in the water for a few seconds. Afterward, they return you in the air and you land safely on the back of the boat. Parasailing was one of coolest adventures I've been on. I'm really lucky that my sister gave the chance to participate. I was able to enjoy the Summer sunshine, the beauty of nature, and overcome my real fear of heights just for that moment. It was absolutely amazing to be able to have the chance to fly through the sky. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Posted via email from Summer Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment