Friday, August 20, 2010

Fostering Memories

Today I'm feeling some of those nostalgic moments.  I'm enjoying a David Foster moment.  Most of you probably don't know who he is.  I've loved his music for years.  Maybe longer than my love of Richard Marx, if that's possible.  Of course, these songs probably only resonate with me or those of similar tastes.  I've listened to this music as a kid, and it was probably the one thing in my life that I will always remember enjoying as a guilty pleasure.  As a kid, I used to call it my guilty VH-1.  It's still something that makes me smile no matter how sad or depressing my day has been.  Richard Marx's music is the same way.  I still love it after all of these years.  I was so glad to hear the re-recording of Best of Me by Richard Marx.  This track was written by David Foster, Jeremy Lubbock, and Richard Marx.  I have been waiting for Richard to record it for what seemed like forever.  This year my wish came true.  You can hear the version on the fourth youtube clip.  Hopefully one day Richard will record Crazy, but that's a long shot.  Supposedly Richard is doing the David Foster and Friends gig for PBS, which is really exciting.  Two of my favorites!  I'm actually going to see Richard Marx and Matt Scannell for their Duo concert in Englewood this Autumn.  I really enjoy these shows.  I've seen these shows a number of times but, they are so fantastic, you have to see them more than once.  Plus I always get to see old friends and new friends every time I go to the shows.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Like I said, this music always makes me smile.

Here are some of my favorites:



David Foster and Olivia Newton-John - Best of Me




David Foster - Katie's Theme (From the Motion Picture "Stealing Home")




David Foster - Water Fountain




Richard Marx - Best of Me  (Written by David Foster, Richard Marx, and Jeremy Lubbock)

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should say that.I put a David Foster song on my blog too today .The guy is a genius.Do you remember this song?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVkbBhc_168&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blogpost by the way is so well written and real....

    ReplyDelete