Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Going to Miss Radio

I am so going to miss my radio station job here at the college when the semester ends!  I'm sitting here right now behind the mic and really loving what I do here.  I get to play my favorite tunes and share them with as many people who will listen, plus I get to share my banter here and there.  It's the best opportunity that I've been allowed to have here on campus.  I don't think that I will be following through with it as a profession, but I will never forget how happy this has made me.  I've been lucky enough to be able to do some charity work through this as well.  Next semester, I will have a whole new journey to embark on, but these are memories that will always stay with me.  I'm more than thankful that I can have this much fun right now.  I've even plugged my favorite singers and artists on here, which has been great fun.  I get to play everything from metal to country to rhythm and blues, without a set format.  It's my dream playlist of all time.  Nothing is ever perfect and that's college radio, but I've learned a great deal from the experience.  I've gotten a chance to use equipment that I've never tried before and I've put my public speaking skills to the test.  Definitely one of the best times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment