Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Plain Catching Up

I'm finally feeling the edge of Spring like a light at the end of the dark cold tunnel.  Today I went from class to class without bundling up and it felt like a weight had been lifted off of me.  For most people who really know me well, know that I hate Winter with the same fury that I have for daytime television.  After all of that snow and ridiculous garbage that we've had this season, I was more than ready to feel a bit of a heat wave.  It's the one thing that takes the miserable edge off your day.  Seems kind of trivial when you think about it but, to me, it heralds the season of baseball.  Baseball, next to the NFL, is my favorite sport and I miss it dearly.  I miss going to MLB games.  I firmly intend on attending one or two this year.  I'm liking the way the Phillies are looking this year, so maybe I'll try to get Phils, Yanks tickets.  You never know!  It may happen for me.  Those tickets are probably harder to get than a cold. 

WOCC Viking Radio is getting ready to do a benefit to improve our station and to benefit Lakewood Outreach.  My husband has done some flyers and we want to do some advertisements around campus.  I'm thinking about doing a charity auction through my show for the station and for the Epilepsy Foundation.  Something to think about.  Radio is always so much fun for me.  I never get bored with it at all.  I do my show again this Saturday and I'm thrilled.  I'm really sad to be leaving OCC at the end of this Spring, because I have to leave the station for good!  I want to make sure that when I leave this school, I'm doing something that I love.  Radio seems to be something I adore and I want to pursue that, but I'm not sure where to go to make that dream a reality.  I'm still thinking about colleges.  Oh and speaking of my radio show, please listen to me.  I'm on Monday from 5:00 - 7:00 PM EST, Wednesday 11:00 - 1:45 PM EST, and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM EST.  Click here to Listen Live!  I know I'm shameless. 

I have a complaint or a small rant if you will.  You know, there are people in this world that talk about the same damn topic in every blog post that they compose or every word that they put on Facebook.  It really makes me think that their world is limited to one item in their lives or one life experience.  Listen, there are so many different facets and experiences that the world has to offer.  Pick up a newspaper or maybe even read different websites or books.  Watch documentaries, go to a museum, or even catch some foreign films.  For goodness sakes, stop talking about one thing.  It reduces the commonality between anyone else by 75 fucking percent!  Live life before someone else has to live it for you.  I was thinking to myself, "Damn, I'm going to be 39!"  You know what though, at least I won't slow down and saddle down to one thing in my life and get completely lost.  There are people who have children, have a great education, and share all that life has to offer with their families and live such fruitful lives.  People who aren't lost in the mist of something and wasting talents that are so desperately in need to be shared with the world.  Well anyway, that just happened. 

I've been trying to stave away from heavy dairy products and I'm only halfway there, although I have been eliminating a major part of red meat intake from my diet these days.  I broke for a steak once when I went to a dinner a couple weeks ago, but on the whole, I haven't been eating red meat at home.  The best part about the whole scene is that I'm not eating chicken either.  Just fish and veggies.  I don't drink whole milk or skim, just almond milk.  I want to eventually eliminate cheese from my diet entirely as well.  I'm trying very hard, but it's a rough road.  I really applaud those who are able to master a vegetarian lifestyle, because it's really tough.   I want to be healthier, but I'm battling soda as a vice.  I need to get rid of that problem.  Those who've known from classes before or know me personally as a friend, probably know what I'm talking about. 

Anyway, that's my life at the present moment.  Not really that deep for the most part.  I'm enjoying my classes for the most part.  Algebra and Biology make me a bit sleepy, but I can handle that.  I love my Communications Law class the most and second is my Native American Literature class.  I was even late to that class and it was still good.  Of course, that was because I don't drive and I had to wait on transportation.  I watched a good movie the other day.  Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.  I mean, it wasn't as good as the original, but it definitely had a different angle on the original premise of the story.  For a sequel, which I thought would bomb horribly, it was actually quite entertaining.  Charlie Sheen even made a cameo as Bud Fox.  Michael Douglas was very different in the role of Gordon Gecko this time around.  Definitely a good rental.  Netflix it!  That's all I have for now.  I hope that you are enjoying your week and the delightful weather, if that's what's been coming your way.  One more thing that I need to add for good measure.... I am never going to apologize for my personality, the way I speak with people, or my thoughts as I write them or say them.  I've done that for far too long.  I'm not out to deliberately hurt someone, but I'm not going to censor myself just to make everyone feel better about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment