Saturday, February 12, 2011

Duo


Went to see another wonderful Duo show again last night. Duo is the combination of the wonderful music stylings of songwriter Richard Marx and Vertical Horizon frontman and songwriter Matt Scannell. The combination is simply wonderful. If you've never seen them play yet, you've must. I went to see them at the South Orange Performing Arts Center in my home state of New Jersey. It was a very nice cozy venue, which gave way to an even better experience for these two wonderful artists. They both played their tried and true favorites, such as Scannell's Best I Ever Had and We Are, while Marx played hits such as Don't Mean Nothing, and Should've Known Better. They took the time to include some newer songs as well, such as When You Loved Me and I'm Not Running, along with a collaboration recording called Always On Your Mind. They even took the time to sit on the edge of the stage to sing that very song. It was definitely a very powerful experience. Other great highlights included Scannell's passionate rendition of Give You Back and Marx's closing song of Right Here Waiting on piano. It reminded me of his original version from the earlier years. I've seen many Duo shows, but this one blew me away. Catch one when they come to your hometown!
http://www.verticalhorizon.com http://www.richardmarx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment