Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm Not Your Doormat (A Mobile Blog)

For many, many years, I have taken the opportunistic, opinionated bullshit that a certain member of my family consistently dealt me. Now, I'm fucking tired of it. I have hit my limit with her chiding remarks and her belittling garbage. In fact, I'm sick of her crap in general. She has this queen bee syndrome where she feels the need to tell everyone what to do. It's like when she says jump, people say, "How high?". Well that crap is more than over with. I refuse to speak with her, have her in my presence, or deal with her in any fashion until she learns to treat me like an adult. I'm relevant with feelings and can make my own decisions. I accept my imperfections, but she refuses to admit that she falls short in any sense of the word. She is offensive, condescending and lacks the means to function with any shred of intelligence, kindness, or compassion. I may have made poor decisions, but at least I didn't rub her nose in hers. In fact, I was there to help her through the tougher times. The only thing she does is look down her nose at you.  She couldn't even write my mother's obituary correctly!  It was atrocious!  I can't begin to tell you how mortified and angry I still am over that.  The worst part is that other people had to read that garbage.  If I had written it, it would have been perfect. 

The way things have turned out in the last couple months makes me want to run with Don as far from here as I possibly can. Family isn't as good as people paint it to be in some situations. Maybe, after my schooling is finished, we'll be leaving for somewhere else. I'm thinking it's time for a brand new start away from certain ungrateful people. The only thing is that there are certain situations that need to be tied up before I go, but that will happen in time. I never thought that I would want to leave where I'm from, but it's come to the point where it needs to occur. I refuse to have my husband and I be doormats for my family and most especially the person that I was discussing earlier in this post. Life is going to change and this time for the better.  I think we deserve that much after the shitstorm we've put up with over the last year.  All my husband and I want is just to be able to take a deep breath and smile.  We just want to feel comfortable about our lives for once, rather than worrying about everything.  I think that's reasonable enough.  That would be better suited away from the craziness of some very toxic individuals. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment