Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sick

For the last five days, I have been battling the dredges of influenza.  I am convinced, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this something that can be prevented.  Now let me paint a picture for you.  I went to an event that someone was throwing, and this person was getting over a bout of influenza.  This person didn't really notify anyone that she was still suffering with the illness; this person just invited everyone over without thinking twice.  I gave this person and his/her sibling a hug, because I hadn't seen them in sometime.  As I was helping them both in the kitchen, I noticed one of the hosts sniffle and cough.  I asked, "Do you have a cold?"  I was met with the response, "Oh I am getting over the flu."  Later that evening, I had told the person I was with about this and, of course, they were upset by the situation.  Mind you, because there were children at this event, I had used hand sanitizer and took every precaution.  Even with that in place, I still got their germs.  I'm convinced it landed on the food or it came with the hug.  When I arrived home I started to feel the achy symptoms of influenza, which include the sore throat.  Needless to say, I was quite upset.

For the first couple days, I was able to keep it at bay with Advil Cold and Sinus.  When Tuesday hit, I was just sick and I couldn't shake it.  Now if it was Winter break and I was off from school, I wouldn't bother going to the doctor, because I like to fight it off on my own.  Unfortunately, I just couldn't do it without getting antibiotics.  I've lost my voice for the most part, and I'm still coughing a bit, but the sneezing and runny nose has stopped.  That is the worst!  I can take the aching, the fever, and everything else, but that is just gross.  Now that everything has mostly settled down with most of the symptoms, I just have to get rid of the cough and laryngitis.  I had to cancel my radio show on Wednesday, because I couldn't speak at all.  I couldn't go to some of my classes, because I was just too sick!  I had to miss three classes, because of this shit.  This was all due to someone being reckless with their germs.  You don't throw a party when you have the seasonal flu!  It's not reasonable and it's not courteous.  It's a pain in the ass for me, because there is only a limited amount of medications that I can take to help me when I get the flu.  Obviously the two people who gave me this disease are complete morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment