Monday, December 19, 2011

The Last Day

Today is the last day that I will be stepping into a classroom here on campus.  I've finally dealt with all of the obstacles that have been in my way toward graduation.  I've been able to build confidence in my study efforts for my final exam and I'm just ready to move on to greener pastures.  For a long time, I thought that I would only have the option of being a teacher, but I am realizing that I shouldn't sell myself short.  I've decided to find out about the communications program at Kean University in Union for the Autumnal Semester.  I love radio and I'm willing to learn about all the aspects dealing with the industry.  I know that it may be a fading market for some formats, but I am still eager to find my way.  Am I concerned about heading into my forties?  Of course I am!  I won't let that stop me from doing what I have always dreamed.

For a very long time, I felt as if I had nothing to offer as a person.  I felt deprived of education and I felt like I lacked the intelligence to do much of anything with my life.  There wasn't anyone to blame for that situation but me.  The feelings of inadequacy made me feel depressed and worthless.  When my husband decided to go back to school, that's when I began to summon up the courage to apply for classes myself.  Of course that was a while back.  Because of scheduling, health, and family matters, there were times when school was put on hold, but I went back to classes as soon as possible.  I am hoping against hope that I won't have any trouble attending Kean.  I have always wanted to go on to a better school, and since Kean University is a state school, I will be paying less money.  Very excited to see how things turn out!  Missing a semester will be tough, but I do my best to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment