Monday, June 13, 2011

Intrepidness and Bravery: I Need Both

Giving my life a great deal of thought, I'm still concerned about whether or not it's going in the right direction. I have never taken a risk and I think that's part of my problem. I'm stepping through a new door in August and I can't wait to hang that diploma on the wall over my desk. This is an English degree, with a minor in psychology. I wish that I could just pack a suitcase this Summer and, rather than taking two courses, go to Spain for two weeks with the husband.Unfortunately, I haven't got the money to travel like that and the mathematics courses are a necessity.
I wish I had travelled more in my life, but that will happen for me.  I just know it.  I'm basically nervous about money, which inhibits anything adventurous for me. So, many people I know travel around the country and some even for concerts.  I've done that a couple times, although not terribly far for a concert. The furthest my husband and I have gone was Connecticut.  Maybe one day I'll travel for a Richard Marx show or a Keith Urban show sometime in the near future.  Maybe I will even have a more exciting reason for embarking on a trip. 

Maybe I shouldn't be afraid of my future.  Maybe I shouldn't be afraid at all.  I should be brave and know that anything is possible.  I still have a lot of life ahead of me.  At least I think so.  I just wish that I wasn't constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I have to learn to enjoy life for all its bumps and obstacles.  This June is the hurdle of so many things, but when it passes, I can take a very deep breath and move on to something more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment