Sunday, May 22, 2011

Entering Summer

Summer is a precarious time for me.  For those who don't know my situation, let me paint it for you:  School is my one type of occupation.  Yes, that is really sad.  So during the Summer I have to find some sort of occupation to keep me from going stark raving mad from boredom.  I have to be careful about this task, because I can endanger my medicare and social security benefits by doing so.  So today, I have been spending most of my time pouring through the want-ads and hoping to find something that will suit me.  Getting a job is good for two reasons.  Not only will it cure the boredom problem, but it will also help me save for college this Autumn, which is very important.  I'm hoping to find a job before the beginning of classes, this Summer, so that I can make a cohesive schedule with my prospective employer.  Good luck to me!  The last time I worked, it was for a market research corporation called Centrac and that was from 1997 - 2000.  I don't even think that company exists anymore in this state.  I think their corporate office is in Maryland now.  I worked as a market researcher until I wasn't well enough to do it anymore.

I have set up my two classes that will prepare me for my completion and transfer to Georgian Court University.  I have to take Survey of Mathematics and Statistics.  I'm not upset about having to take two math courses this Summer, because they are both at night and only on Wednesday.  I'll have everything set up and done by August 3rd.  It's a bit scary, because there is so much that is going into this transfer.  In a way, I think that my husband is lucky that he was able to finish his education right at Kean at OCC.  I just wouldn't have received the classes that were necessary for my degree from that school.  Plus, I was able to get a scholarship through that school and I sorely needed that to complete my work.  I will probably end up doing my graduate work through GCU as well.  Hopefully I can do that work while I substitute teach or if I find work as a test proctor, tutor, or something of that nature.  Employment is so difficult, and I've seen friends who've struggled with more scholastic and employment experience that I have ever achieved.  I'm not going to be a defeatist about the situation and I'm going to work as hard as possible to find my place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment